The Tea Bar Team
The Tea Bar Team are all volunteers, under the supervision of our Team Coach, Tanya. Typically, team members are looking for work experience in a catering environment, but we welcome anyone who would like to join us, even for a few hours per week.
No prior experience is required. Volunteers receive full training and often will gain a Food Hygiene Certificate.
We are also interested in people who have more catering or retail experience and would like to mentor other team members.
What is the Tea Bar?
The Tea Bar provides refreshments for all the Create on the Square customers. A wide selection of Tea is supplied, including local ethical businesses Born Wild Tea and Bliss Bru (Iced-tea). In addition to tea, the Tea Bar also provides a variety of light meals and drinks, inc. soup, paninis, cake, pastries, smoothies, milk shakes and even coffee!
Team Member Benefits
- Taking responsibility
- Dealing with customers
- Using Initiative
- Planning and organisation
- Team working
- Problem solving
- IT Skills
- Having a 'can do' attitude
- Numeracy & literacy
- Friendly, non-pressured work environment
- Hours to suit (Mon-Sat 10am-4pm)
- Accessible for disabled people
- Free tea/coffee/squash and toast while working
- Any Lunch Special for £1
- Opportunity to hire Create out of hours
- Greeting and serving customers
- Check fridge and freezer
- Load/unload dishwasher
- Serving customers
- Collecting food orders
- Stock checking
- Preparing fruit and vegetables
- Preparing light snacks
- Preparing hot drinks
- Operating electrical items
- Taking payments, inc using card reader